|The Trade Show Assistance Program offers financial assistance to Pride of Dakota members interested in expanding their business by exhibiting in regional, national or international trade shows.
The objective of the Pride of Dakota Trade Show Assistance Program is to provide Pride of Dakota companies with assistance to further develop existing markets through trade show exhibiting.
Please note that the application does not imply or guarantee reimbursement/funds assistance from Pride of Dakota or the North Dakota Department of Agriculture. Application approvals and reimbursement amounts are subject to funding availability and qualification rules.
The following are the guidelines for the Pride of Dakota Trade Show Assistance Program.
- Completed application must be received at least one month prior to the show date. Company may submit completed application via email, fax or mail. Applications received after the show has taken place will not be considered.
- Marketing staff will review applications and will notify applicant if they qualify for the reimbursement. In order to qualify, among other requirements, the company must exhibit at the show. Walking the show is not reimbursable. Trade Show Assistance funds are non-transferable.
- If awarded, company must sign and return Trade Show Assistance Program Notice of Grant Award to marketing staff. Company must also complete and return the Post Trade Show Survey and Trade Show Expense Report, no later than thirty days after exhibiting at the show. This must be accompanied by proof of exhibition at the show and all other necessary receipts for reimbursement.
- Upon receipt of all completed information and required documentation, marketing staff will remit the agreed-upon reimbursement amount to the company.
- Only Pride of Dakota companies in good standing are eligible applicants. Marketing staff will determine a company’s Pride of Dakota status and subsequent eligibility for the program.
- Each qualifying company is eligible to receive up to $1,000 per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Assistance is good for one employee per company. A broker or sales representative will not qualify.
- Applications must be postmarked 30 days prior to the trade show’s starting date.
- Trade show assistance awards may be used only for retail and/or wholesale shows held outside of the state of North Dakota.
- Applications for attending a trade show but not exhibiting (“walking the show”) will not be accepted.
- Companies who are participating in a North Dakota Department of Agriculture sponsored show will not be eligible to use the Trade Show Assistance Program for the sponsored show.
- Marketing staff will review the applications.
- Approved applicants will complete and sign a Notice of Grant Award with the North Dakota Department of Agriculture prior to exhibiting at the trade show. The Notice of Grant Award includes a requirement that the reimbursement will only be disbursed when marketing staff receives the Post Trade Show Survey, Trade Show Expense Report, necessary receipts and proof of exhibition at the show.
- Eligible expenses during shows in the U.S. and Canada shall include those incurred during the day prior to the show, the day(s) of the show and the day following the show.
- Eligible expenses during the shows outside of the U.S. and Canada shall include those incurred two days prior to the show, the day(s) of the show and two days after the show.
- Air Fare will be reimbursed at 50% lowest advanced coach rates allowed OR mileage at $0.28 cents per mile.
- Lodging will be reimbursed at $50 maximum per day.
- Booth Space (including transporting, electricity, chairs, flooring, etc.) will be reimbursed at 50% of cost.
- Budget – the Trade Show Assistance Program reimbursement amount will be figured as 50% of the total cost outlined in the Budget provided in the application, not to exceed $1,000. The award may not exceed $1,000 per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Marketing Strategy – Applicants should offer reasons why the proposed trade show is consistent with their marketing plan and growth strategy.
- Goals – Applicant’s goals should reflect careful consideration and realistic expectations for the trade show.
Submitting Post Show Information and Receipts:
- Company must also complete and return the Post Trade Show Survey and Trade Show Expense Report, no later than thirty days after exhibiting at the show.
- Proof of exhibition at the show and all other necessary receipts for reimbursement must be submitted with your Trade Show Expense Report.
- Upon receipt of all completed information and required documentation, marketing staff will remit the agreed-upon reimbursement amount.
- A completed W-9 form must be submitted.
For more information, please contact the Pride of Dakota Specialist at (701) 328-2307 or email@example.com.
Send completed application to:
Fax: (701) 328-4567
600 E Boulevard Ave Dept. 602
Bismarck ND 58505