South 40 Beef LLC
Our beef is fully sustained locally from start to finish. We oversee every aspect of the harvesting process right up until you cook it in your kitchen! Once it’s harvest time, our cattle are shipped to our brand new, family-owned, state-of-the-art, USDA-certified beef processing plant. Our plant is just a few miles from where the cows live, so very little stress is put on the cows. There, our beef is processed and dry-aged by our hand-picked artisan butcher. We then choose the cuts that we think your family will enjoy the most. Whether you are having a big family barbeque during the summer, making a warm cozy stew during the colder months, or just filling up your freezer, we believe that South Forty Beef will create wonderful meals for the people you love.
Category: Food & Beverages Manufacturers
7977 93 Ave SW
Mott, ND 58646
Phone Number: (701) 209-0204
We are the Roswech family. We originate from the east coast, where John was an executive in the technology world, and Kim was a stay-at-home mom who cared for kids, dogs, and horses. About ten years ago, we purchased land in Mott, North Dakota. We felt that we needed a quiet place to settle our busy minds and schedules. A place where the kids could ride horses in the open fields, play around on ATVs, go fishing, and have no access to cell service! That resulted in lots of family time! Over the years, we became more and more drawn to living in the west full time. We decided to leave the east coast in 2018, and we couldn’t be happier! We are passionate about knowing where our food comes from. We like feeding our family healthy and sustainable food. We believe that many of you feel the same way!
Member Since: 01/20/2021
1/4 of a Cow
This is a quarter (1/4) of a Cow. It weighs around 100 pounds, and the parts come from all subprimals (both front and back halves).
Order Yours Today: https://south40beef.com/product/quarter-grass-fed-cow/
Includes the following:
- Filet Mignon / Tenderloin: 2 pounds
- Sirloin Steaks: 4-8 pounds
- Rib Eye and New York Steaks: 10 pounds
- Short Ribs and/or Osso Bucco: 4-8 pounds
- Roasts (Brisket, Rump Roast, London Broil, Chuck Roast, Cross-Rib Roast, Shoulder Clod): 8-12 pounds
- Steaks (Chuck Petite Tender, Eye of Round, Flank Steak, Flat Iron, Hanger Steak, Skirt Steak, Cross-Rib Steak, London Broil Steak): 10-20 pounds
- Ground Beef / Hamburger Patties / Stew Meat: ~50 pounds
1/8 of a Cow
This is an eighth (1/8) of a Cow. It weighs around 50 pounds, and the parts come from all subprimals (both front and back halves).
Order Yours Today: https://south40beef.com/product/8th-of-a-grass-fed-cow/
Includes the following:
- Filet Mignon / Tenderloin: ~1 pounds
- Sirloin Steaks: 2-4 pounds
- Rib Eye and/or New York Steaks: ~5 pounds
- Roasts (Brisket, Rump Roast, London Broil, Chuck Roast, Cross-Rib Roast, Shoulder Clod): 4-6 pounds
- Steaks (Chuck Petite Tender, Eye of Round, Flank Steak, Flat Iron, Hanger Steak, Skirt Steak, Cross-Rib Steak, London Broil Steak) and Short Ribs / Osso Bucco: 5-15 pounds
- Ground Beef / Hamburger Patties / Stew Meat / Meatballs / Salisbury Steak / Meatloaf: ~25 pounds
Juicy and deliciously chewy, for years, the hanger steak was unavailable in the market because it was the cut that beef-loving butchers saved for their families. Because we butterfly them for you, our hanger steaks are tender and juicy enough to throw on the grill with nothing more than salt and pepper.
Order Yours Today: https://south40beef.com/product/hanger-steak/
For steak lovers, this is the ultimate cut of beef. The cry-aging brings out a big flavor with lots of juicy tenderness. It’s actually two steaks in one, the buttery filet mignon on one side and the juicy, more flavorful shell steak (also known as a NY strip) on the other. The porterhouse is hard to beat grilled or broiled with very simple seasonings.
Order Yours Today: https://south40beef.com/product/porterhouse/