Trade Show Assistance Program
The objective of the Pride of Dakota Trade Show Assistance Program is to provide Pride of Dakota companies with assistance to further develop existing markets through trade show exhibiting.
Please note that the application does not imply or guarantee reimbursement/funds assistance from Pride of Dakota or the North Dakota Department of Agriculture. Application approvals and reimbursement amounts are subject to funding availability and qualification rules.
- Only Pride of Dakota companies in good standing are eligible applicants. Marketing staff will determine a company’s Pride of Dakota status and subsequent eligibility for the program.
- Each qualifying company is eligible to receive up to $1,000 per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Assistance is good for one employee per company. A broker or sales representative will not qualify/
- Applications must be postmarked 30 days prior to the trade show’s starting date.
- Trade show assistance awards may be used only for retail and/or wholesale shows held outside of the state ofNorth Dakota.
- Applications for attending a trade show but not exhibiting (“walking the show”) will not be accepted.
- Companies who are participating in a North Dakota Department of Agriculture sponsored show will not be eligible to use the Trade Show Assistance Program for the sponsored show.
- Marketing staff will review the applications.
- Approved applicants will complete and sign a contract with the North Dakota Department of Agriculture prior to exhibiting at the trade show. The contract includes a requirement that the reimbursement will only be disbursed when the marketing staff receives the Post Trade Show Survey, Trade Show Expense Report, necessary receipts and proof of exhibition at the show.
- Marketing Strategy – applicants should offer reasons why the proposed trade show is consistent with their marketing plan and growth strategy.
- Goals – applicant’s goals should reflect careful consideration and realistic expectations for the trade show.
- Budget – the Trade Show Assistance Program reimbursement amount will be figured as 50% of the total cost outlined in the Budget provided in the application, not to exceed $1,000. The award may not exceed $1,000.